ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Sarma <ksa...@ksarma.com>
Subject Re: configuring cTakes for getting input from a db table and persisting output to i2b2 and/or flat db table
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:25:07 GMT
I was actually thinking about this use case earlier today -- it is not
particularly easy to set cTAKES up to work with a local database (either
for lookup or for data, though the latter is certainly easier). Setting up
the appropriate database for a local UMLS installation is also inconvenient
for the non-developer. I have been thinking about putting together a wizard
or some such to help folks through the process -- do you think it'd be
worthwhile? I'm not really sure what proportion of users use a local UMLS
install; personally I've found the web API to be far too slow for my
workflows.

--
Karthik Sarma
UCLA Medical Scientist Training Program Class of 20??