ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Doubt regarding the cTAKES output
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:55:43 GMT
I'm guessing you are referring to values of _ref_ontologyConceptArr?

For DiseaseDisorderMention (and others besides Medication) those are links to UmlsConcept
annotations.
The value of  _ref_ontologyConceptArr leads to a list (FSArray) of values that lead to UmlsConcept.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1973-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1973-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Arohi Kumar
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 9:34 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Doubt regarding the cTAKES output

Hello everyone,

I recently installed cTAKES on my system and am trying to understand the
output that I am getting from it.

I have a doubt regarding the *textsem:DiseaseDisorderMention*. I cannot
understand the *@ontologyConceptArr*(an array of numbers). Where do these
numbers map to and how can I understand their meaning?

For example, the term "seasonal allergies" gives me "5280 5266 5329 5287
5301 5315 5273 5294 5322 5308"

Thank you
Arohi Kumar