ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Sept 2013
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:28:25 GMT

Is the new dep parser/SRL a new model? Or was that sentence a copy/paste error?

I think the following line should be removed
- New Standardized Clinical Element Model Instance Template population

And instead of new regression testing component, it should be 'enhance the regression testing
component'

I suggest we have a 3.1.1 release to roll in any simple bug fixes that don't require much
doc change at all.

That will make 3.2.0 easier to release. And also provide earlier fixes to folks.

I also suggest having a .1 release be our typical release model - a .1 release for bug fixes.
I see advantages to having a new release manager for any .1 release, but also see that for
efficiency sake, it would be good to have the release manager for a .0 and a .1 be the same.
 I am willing to be release manager for a 3.1.1 release.

-- James

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1947-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1947-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Pei Chen
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:12 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Sept 2013

[DRAFT]
Apache cTAKES (clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System) is a
natural language processing (NLP) tool for information extraction from
electronic medical record clinical free-text.

Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

Releases:
Last release was created on 2013-09-06 (ctakes-3.1.0) <pending rc3 vote>

Development:
During the last quarter, the committee released 3.1.0 of cTAKES.
The committee is actively working and planning for the future release 3.2.
Some of the planned code changes include:
- New Dependency Parser/Semantic Role Labeler
- New optional Clear-Based Parts Of Speech Tagger
- New Standardized Clinical Element Model Instance Template population
- New regression testing component
- Various bug fixes and code enhancements tracked Jira

Community:
We have added John Green as a committer and PMC member since last report.
dev mailing list subscribers count: 81 (+13 since last report)
user mailing list subscribers count: 69 (+11 since last report)