ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Dligach <dmitriy.dlig...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: examples of relation extractor annotations
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:38:35 GMT
Samir,

Could you please try to run
ctakes-relation-extractor/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/pipelines/RelationExtractorPipelineSingleCas.java

and see if it finds any relations in the hard-coded sample sentence. In
that sentence

"He still is not able to work because of severe pain involving his wrists."

you should see the following relations:

degree_of(severe pain/3, severe/2)
degree_of(pain/3, severe/2)
location_of(pain/3, wrists/6)

which will be printed to the console. The numbers next to each argument
are the UMLS semantic types (e.g. 6 = anatomical site).

Dima

On 09/21/2013 11:00 AM, samir chabou wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to get examples of relation extractor annotations using RelationExtractorAggregate.xml.
I tried the RelationExtractorAggregate on many input medical text but there was no annotation
for any kind of relation. I even tried the bellow text used in RelationExtractorAnnotatorsTest
but again no relation is annotated. Do you have idea or am i missing some thing ?

--
Dmitriy Dligach, PhD
Research Fellow