ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Vogel, James" <JVo...@activehealth.net>
Subject RE: managing ctakes resources on classpath
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:43:47 GMT
I'm having the same problem trying to get ctakes to run with Solr.  Based on advice from the
good folks on this forum I'm mostly gotten around it by:
- hard coding some of the paths so they aren't relative
- putting the resource folder(s) in the folder where the app launches from, e.g., the bin
folder where I start Solr, and / or the folder where Solr loads its own jars, e.g., its lib
folder.  You might be able to do the same thing by putting the resources into the folder where
the app server starts.

Please post whatever else you do to make it work as I'm still not there with making my app
work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hookway [mailto:shookway@cra.com]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 9:49 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: managing ctakes resources on classpath

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate ctakes into a webapp and am running into issues getting the resources
to load correctly. In a standalone version of the app, if I add the resources folder to the
buildpath (as described in the install directions) everything works as expected. However,
if I add the folder to the project classpath instead, I get a URI is not hierarchical exception
from FileResourceImpl.load:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
       at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:392)
       at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.FileResourceImpl.load(FileResourceImpl.java:44)
       at org.apache.uima.resource.impl.ResourceManager_impl.registerResource(ResourceManager_impl.java:603)

Similarly if I try and run from a webapp - setting up tomcat's classpath to include the ctakes
resource folder, I get the same URI is not hierarchical error. I found this bug report: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-89
but  it suggests adding the resource folder to my classpath, which isn't doing the trick.

If you can steer me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and
notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

IMPORTANT WARNING: Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by return email and delete this document. Thank you.