ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hookway <shook...@cra.com>
Subject managing ctakes resources on classpath
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 01:48:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate ctakes into a webapp and am running into issues getting the resources
to load correctly. In a standalone version of the app, if I add the resources folder to the
buildpath (as described in the install directions) everything works as expected. However,
if I add the folder to the project classpath instead, I get a URI is not hierarchical exception
from FileResourceImpl.load:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
       at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:392)
       at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.FileResourceImpl.load(FileResourceImpl.java:44)
       at org.apache.uima.resource.impl.ResourceManager_impl.registerResource(ResourceManager_impl.java:603)

Similarly if I try and run from a webapp - setting up tomcat's classpath to include the ctakes
resource folder, I get the same URI is not hierarchical error. I found this bug report: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-89
but  it suggests adding the resource folder to my classpath, which isn't doing the trick.

If you can steer me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and
notify the sender so that we may correct our records.