ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject CEM Template Question
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 01:29:44 GMT
Hi James/Steven,
In the common type system/template fillers, do you recall why we stored the
TextRelation instead of the resolved annotation?

For example, in SignSymptomMention, getBodyLocation() returns
LocationOfTextRelation.
So in order to actually get the AnatomicalSiteMention, you would have to
look inside LocationOfTextRelation arg1 or arg2.

I think it be more intuitive and simpler for consumers of the CEM's to just
store the AnatomicalSiteMention?  Is there a use case I am missing where
someone would want something different than the
SignSymptomMention.getBodyLocation() other than the actual
AnatomicalSiteMention?

--Pei