ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Arohi Kumar <ar...@mobipulse.in>
Subject Information Regarding cTakes API from Java Program
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:11:51 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie and am working on developing an application with Apache
cTakes 3.0.

I have installed Apache cTakes on my local machine using the tutorial given
at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+Developer+Install+Guide
. I have also downloaded cTakes resources and  got my UMLS username and
password approved. I have tested the installaton by invoking CAS Visual
Debugger(CVD) from the command line, loading Analysis Engine as
AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor and running. I am interested in exploring
the different result fields that I am getting corresponding to the text
that I have given. *Please point me to some resources that will help me in
understanding the result. Also is the result in XML format?*

My issue is regarding running this process(giving text and receiving
results after analyzing the text using AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor)
from a Java Program as it will be easier to automate*. Please point me to
relevant resources for doing this. *

Thank you
Arohi