ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Subject Assertion module
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:18:29 GMT
Hi,

I’m using v3.0-incubating (as a Maven dependency) with the default clinical
pipeline, which calls the Assertion module.  I noticed that for something
like “Anna’s father has had knee pain for years”, the subject attribute
gets set to family_member.  Is it possible to be more specific?   Also,
does it assume that the subject of every statement is the patient unless
the phrase suggests otherwise?  If the possible values are specified by the
prefix ATTR_SUBJECT_ in edu.mayo.bmi.uima.core.type.constants.CONST, is it
possible to meaningfully change them?

Also, the value of “confidence” is set by the assertion module.  Is the
score referencing the assignment of subject, or whether it’s generic, or
the polarity, or other attributes?

Thanks