ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:09:54 GMT
Hi,

To get a feel for how a module works, I like viewing the annotations that
it outputs with UIMA's AnnotationViewer.  I'm wondering why for the
drug-ner module, you can see MeasurementAnnotations (e.g. 80mg), but you
can't see MedicationMentions, MedicationStrengths, etc. in the GUI even
though these annotations are also in my output xml file, and also contain a
text span?  Actually, on second glance, it looks like for the
"MedicationStrengthModifiers" the span is not set (begin=0, end=0).  But it
is valid for the MedicationMentions (e.g. begin=269, end=282).  These
annotations appear to be part of the typesystem, and I'm pointing the
Annotation Viewer to the drug-ner pipeline I used...

Thanks