ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Kannan Thiagarajan <kanna...@gmail.com>
Subject Incorrect frequency in Drug NER?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 00:19:44 GMT
Hello,

I just ran into an issue where I'm getting an incorrect Medication
Frequency while running the Drug NER processor
(DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml). I tried this via the CVD
environment. I gave a couple of different texts and noticed the issue.

1) The text  "Apply Bacitracin to affected area on feet twice a day" -
seems to work correctly and gives a Frequency number of "2" and unit as
"day"

2) The text ""Apply Bacitracin to affected area on feet twice a day *for
one week*" - seems to trip up and gives an Frequency number of "1" and unit
as "week".

I tried other variations such as

"for 7 day"
"for 2 weeks"
"for 1 month"

and they seem to work fine and in all cases the Duration seems to be fine.

Any thoughts?

Just for the record, I'm running with a recently updated trunk version of
the code.

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan