ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Incorrect frequency in Drug NER?
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:51:14 GMT
This looks like a bug. I've created CTAKES-230
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-230

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1879-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1879-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Kannan Thiagarajan
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:20 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Incorrect frequency in Drug NER?

Hello,

I just ran into an issue where I'm getting an incorrect Medication
Frequency while running the Drug NER processor
(DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml). I tried this via the CVD
environment. I gave a couple of different texts and noticed the issue.

1) The text  "Apply Bacitracin to affected area on feet twice a day" -
seems to work correctly and gives a Frequency number of "2" and unit as
"day"

2) The text ""Apply Bacitracin to affected area on feet twice a day *for
one week*" - seems to trip up and gives an Frequency number of "1" and unit
as "week".

I tried other variations such as

"for 7 day"
"for 2 weeks"
"for 1 month"

and they seem to work fine and in all cases the Duration seems to be fine.

Any thoughts?

Just for the record, I'm running with a recently updated trunk version of
the code.

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan