ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] CTS - Adding preferred names
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:48:33 GMT

We didn't save it to save space since the preferred text can be retrieved elsewhere once you
have the code or cui.
If we add it, I think we should have an option to turn off/on including it.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1846-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1846-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chen, Pei
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:28 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] CTS - Adding preferred names

An idea/suggestion to the Common Type System:
Add preferred/resolved names in addition to the CUI's/Codes.
Mainly adding some additional fields to save this information:
-Segement.preferredText<String>
-IdentifiedAnnotation.preferredText<String> or UmlsConcept.preferredText<String>

I believe this info should already be available, we just didn't save it in the CTS.

--Pei