ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Information Regarding cTakes API from Java Program
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:18:02 GMT
Hi Arohi,
Welcome!
To use cTAKES programmatically, I would suggest:
1) Take a look at the current Type System [1] as that will outline all of the available output
that is supported in cTAKES.
2) Understand a bit about UIMA [2], the framework that cTAKES was built on top of.
3) Take a look at uimaFIT[3] as that will probably make access the data objects and running
a pipeline much easier via java code.
4) Take a look at a simple example such as that just extracts a list of UMLS CUI's [4]

[1] http://ctakes.apache.org/user-faqs.html#what-are-the-available-attributes-types-in-ctakes
[2] http://uima.apache.org
[3] https://code.google.com/p/uimafit/ (in the process of being migrated to the UIMA project)
[4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/clinicalpipeline/runtime/BagOfCUIsGenerator.java