ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Hua Xu <Hua...@uth.tmc.edu>
Subject Re: MedEx-UIMA
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:24:41 GMT
Pei,

MedEx-UIMA is rule-based, instead of ML. :) What are the work involved in using the cTAKES
common type system? We could consider it when Min has time. Thanks.

Hua

From: <Chen>, Pei <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu<mailto:Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu>>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2013 3:30 PM
To: Min Jiang <Min.Jiang@uth.tmc.edu<mailto:Min.Jiang@uth.tmc.edu>>, Hua Xu <Hua.Xu@uth.tmc.edu<mailto:Hua.Xu@uth.tmc.edu>>,
Joshua Denny <josh.denny@Vanderbilt.Edu<mailto:josh.denny@Vanderbilt.Edu>>
Cc: "dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>" <dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>>
Subject: MedEx-UIMA

Dr. Xu,
That was a wonderful presentation on MedEx (ML based medication extraction) during the iDASH
webinar.
Would there be any interest in contributing/integrating MedEx-UIMA as an Apache cTAKES [1]
component/module?  I had a quick look at the code and it looks like it’s already using Java/UIMA
already (perhaps the only main item to change would be to use the cTAKES common type system).

[1] https://code.google.com/p/medex-uima<https://code.google.com/p/medex-uima/>/<https://code.google.com/p/medex-uima/>

Thanks,
--Pei