ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: logger for assertion module
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:08:11 GMT
Thank you,
Yes, I had to download the resources and descriptor files separately, and
add them to my project.  I also had to add the third party dependencies
separately to my pom file.

Regarding the loggers, I think I will submit a JIRA.  The reason is that it
is hard to configure the java logger console handler from my application
since I don't directly instantiate the assertion classes, but they are run
from the pipeline.  However, I was able to configure the log4j handlers
from the xml configuration file which worked for the other modules which
use log4j, and so I was able to suppress the console output for most of the
pipeline. Also, the assertion module has many print statements in addition
to the logger statements which would be nice to turn off...
Thanks