ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Subject logger for assertion module
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:53:14 GMT
Hi,
I am relatively new to ctakes.  I have created my own Maven application,
and have specified the ctakes-clinical-pipeline as a dependency in the pom
file (I have not checked out the project itself).  The comments
on CTAKES-76, "get third party dependencies into Maven Central", have
helped me to get this going.  I am using
ctakes-clinical-pipeline-3.0.0-incubating, since this is what I can find in
the Maven repository.

I was wondering why the ctakes-assertion module uses the java.util logger
instead of log4j, like many of the other modules?  I would prefer not to
modify ctakes directly but to configure the logging properties for my
application.  I am able to do this for the modules which use log4j with an
xml configuration file.

Thanks!