ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: logger for assertion module
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:05:54 GMT
Hi Chase Master,
Welcome-
> Hi,
> I am relatively new to ctakes.  I have created my own Maven application, and
> have specified the ctakes-clinical-pipeline as a dependency in the pom file (I
> have not checked out the project itself).  The comments on CTAKES-76, "get
> third party dependencies into Maven Central", have helped me to get this
> going.  I am using ctakes-clinical-pipeline-3.0.0-incubating, since this is what I
> can find in the Maven repository.
The code is available via maven central.  But as you can see, there are still some minor issues
that need to be resolved (mainly- loading of rources, models).  You may still need to download
and add them locally to the classpath of your project.  Hopefully this will be resolved in
the future releases.  If you would like to help out with this, we would welcome that as it
would be good to try the use case of using ctakes just as a dependency.

> I was wondering why the ctakes-assertion module uses the java.util logger
> instead of log4j, like many of the other modules?  I would prefer not to
> modify ctakes directly but to configure the logging properties for my
> application.  I am able to do this for the modules which use log4j with an xml
> configuration file.
I think Log4j should be able to work peacefully with other loggers including the java one.
 But feel free to create a jira issue (anyone should be able to create an account) for tracking
purposes, and we'll try and update it next chance we get...