ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: how do you feel about putting public presentations on ctakes.apache.org ?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 02:45:36 GMT
+1 for a Related Resources with public links.
There have been a couple of recently accepted/published papers that can illustrate what could
be done with cTAKES which would fit nicely into that page...
From: Girivaraprasad Nambari [girinambari@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:15 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: how do you feel about putting public presentations on ctakes.apache.org ?

I think it would be good to have a page on Wiki with title something like
"Related resources" (Apache Mahout has similar page I guess) and add
relevant "public" links here. I know we can't pull everything to this page,
but whatever core team thinks are valuable at least (or) referred while
implementing the code.

I think this page will give high level overview on what frameworks
developers need to be aware of while using ctakes.

For example, we can add following links:

https://code.google.com/p/uimafit/wiki/GettingStarted
http://knowtator.sourceforge.net/quickstart.shtml

And some links related to "SVM" and "MaxEnt" related information
etc.,(Which were referred by original implementer).

This way people who want to extend/add new features and referring existing
implementation will be able to go through these to get understanding on
what is happening inside ctakes.

Thank you,
Giri