ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Andy McMurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do you feel about putting public presentations on ctakes.apache.org ?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 03:32:38 GMT
If there is consensus on sharing these resources, then here are some new and old (still relevant!)
materials

1. Publications !
These should definitely be on the site for readers.
For example, this one is HIGHLY CITED
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20819853

2. Guergana's video lecture about getting started with cTAKES for medical NLP (we had it recorded
by professional)

The programmer audience feedback was very positive.
The video is from 2011 but the ideas and content are relevant today

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/24829353
SLIDES: http://tinyurl.com/ctakesVideo2011

3. Presentations

Especially recent talks such as the Academic User Group (i2b2).

* I especially liked Tim's talk on Active Learning.
* Pei gave a talk about using cTAKES on Amazon.
* Britt and I gave a talk about using cTAKES for protecting patient privacy in notes
* …

Thoughts?

On Jul 2, 2013, at 7:54 PM, "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

> +1 makes total sense, should be a great way to show off the project.

> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> Senior Computer Scientist
> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
> WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

>>> from the i2b2 user group -- gives folks a very real sense of the kinds