ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Girivaraprasad Nambari <girinamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docs on running Clinical Document Pipeline from Java?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:46:19 GMT
Hi,

Welcome to ctakes.

There was a similar discussion initiated by me few months ago (you may be
able to find out if you browse through old discussions) . Here is response
form Pei Chen & ctakes community:

It is not quite prime time ready but, take a look peek at the below (It
uses uimaFIT to do the above):

**

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-gui/src/main/java/org/chboston/cnlp/ctakes/gui/service/LauncherService.java
****

** Essentially, it boils down to a few lines of code:

AnalysisEngine aggregateAE = AnalysisEngineFactory.createAggregate(****

               engines, componentNames, typeSystemDescription, null,****

               new SofaMapping[0]);****

              ****

JCas jcas = aggregateAE.newJCas();****

jcas.setDocumentText(doc.getText());****

aggregateAE.process(jcas);

We need to start from UIMA and UIMAfit to get some basic understanding,
then using ctakes component will be easy.

Good luck!

Thank you,

Giri