ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bleeker.T...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: supported java releases in current ctakes development and future releases (3.1 and later)
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:24:50 GMT
Once we get to stating in the cTAKES doc which Java versions are acceptable I think we should
also talk about whether we have tested on the OpenJDK or Oracle's.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1670-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1670-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Jörn Kottmann
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:46 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: supported java releases in current ctakes development and future releases (3.1
and later)

On 06/04/2013 04:34 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> For reference: the UIMA 2.4.0 documentation [1] says "As of release 2.2.1, the UIMA SDK
requires a Java 1.5 level (or later). ... The release has been tested with Java 5 and 6. It
has been tested on mainly on Windows XP and Linux Intel 32bit platforms, with some testing
on the MacOSX. Other platforms and JDK implementations will likely work, but have not been
as significantly tested."

I used UIMA 2.4.0 and Java 7 on Linux 64 bit for a while but did not run into any issues,
probably things will just work.

Jörn