ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:51:46 GMT
I will hold off the build.

I looked again at CTAKES-190, and after doing a search on the code in trunk for "MedicationEventMention"
I still see places outside of relation extractor where it is being used (instead of the newer
MedicationMention).

I'll update those places, probably tomorrow.

Also, Steve, when you get a chance, if you could look at what I wrote in CTAKES-190 on May
06, and handle or let me know what pieces still need to be looked at in the relation extractor,
that would be great.

I'll post again when I have a next target date for a build. Meanwhile anyone else who has
input related to the timing of the build, please don't hesitate to post.

-- James

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1704-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1704-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:35 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?

On 26 Jun2013, at 8:35 , "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
> I had originally suggested today, June 26, as the start of the cTAKES 3.1 build.
>
> Now I am thinking of doing a build (my first) tomorrow, June 27.
> Hopefully that will turn into RC1 of Apache cTAKES 3.1
>
> Q1) Any reasons not to do that (any reason to delay a bit)?

As far as I know, we still have not yet updated the relation extractor since the CTAKES-190
changes to the dictionary lookup [1]. I will try to make some time for that this week, but
I have several other commitments, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to complete it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190

Steve

> I will follow [1] and update that page if anything has changed
>
> I plan to create a branch in SVN and build from the branch. As [1] states, as release
manager I will be responsible for getting any fixes into the branch (or perhaps just create
a new branch depending on activity), so you can continue to just work from trunk.

> A new version of the Wiki pages for the user and developer guides needs to be created
> Q2) Is there a faster way to duplicate a set of Wiki pages than copying them one by one?
>
> [1] http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html
>

> -- James

On Behalf Of Tim Miller
> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:27 PM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>
> Yes I think it can be done by then. But even if not, my understanding is
> that the version turned on by default is not cleartk-based and the
> cleartk one is still under development.
> Tim
>
> On 05/31/2013 03:25 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
>> I'll be release manager for 3.1 (unless someone else is anxious to be and just hasn't
seen this thread yet)

>> I'd suggest we target Wed June 26 to have an RC built.
>>
>> Steve, would that seem reasonable for the relation extractor changes due to [1],
plus those that would be needed if we upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0.

>> Anyone know enough about assertion code to make an educated guess of whether the
"upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0" could be done by then too?

On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
>> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:18 PM
>> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>>
>> As a result of the CTAKES-190 changes to the dictionary lookup [1], the relation
extractor needs some refactoring and retraining. Probably we won't have a chance to get to
that until after NAACL (June 9-15). So it would be best for us to target the 3.1 release towards
the end of June.

>> Steve
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190
>>
>> On May 31, 2013, at 1:01 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES/fixforversion/12323276#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel
>>> 25/58 are either closed/resolved; there were a decent number of simple patch
fixes I think.

>>> To spread the knowledge, perhaps another committer could be the release manager
(RM) for the next release.  Hint hint *James? ;)