ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:35:09 GMT
Hi all,

I had originally suggested today, June 26, as the start of the cTAKES 3.1 build.

Now I am thinking of doing a build (my first) tomorrow, June 27.
Hopefully that will turn into RC1 of Apache cTAKES 3.1

Q1) Any reasons not to do that (any reason to delay a bit)?

I will follow [1] and update that page if anything has changed

I plan to create a branch in SVN and build from the branch. As [1] states, as release manager
I will be responsible for getting any fixes into the branch (or perhaps just create a new
branch depending on activity), so you can continue to just work from trunk.

A new version of the Wiki pages for the user and developer guides needs to be created
Q2) Is there a faster way to duplicate a set of Wiki pages than copying them one by one?

[1] http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html

-- James

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1654-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1654-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Tim Miller
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:27 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?

Yes I think it can be done by then. But even if not, my understanding is
that the version turned on by default is not cleartk-based and the
cleartk one is still under development.
Tim

On 05/31/2013 03:25 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> I'll be release manager for 3.1 (unless someone else is anxious to be and just hasn't
seen this thread yet)

> I'd suggest we target Wed June 26 to have an RC built.
>
> Steve, would that seem reasonable for the relation extractor changes due to [1], plus
those that would be needed if we upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0.

> Anyone know enough about assertion code to make an educated guess of whether the "upgrade
ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0" could be done by then too?

On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:18 PM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>
> As a result of the CTAKES-190 changes to the dictionary lookup [1], the relation extractor
needs some refactoring and retraining. Probably we won't have a chance to get to that until
after NAACL (June 9-15). So it would be best for us to target the 3.1 release towards the
end of June.

> Steve
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190
>
> On May 31, 2013, at 1:01 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES/fixforversion/12323276#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel
>> 25/58 are either closed/resolved; there were a decent number of simple patch fixes
I think.

>> To spread the knowledge, perhaps another committer could be the release manager (RM)
for the next release.  Hint hint *James? ;)