ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: New Demographic information extractor
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:10:52 GMT
Depending on the size of the annotator, you could consider contributing it to ctakes-core,
or you could create another sub-project of ctakes -- and base it on one of the smaller and
simpler (sub)projects.

New subprojects typically start within the sandbox subdirectory
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/

In my institution's case, those pieces of information that you mention (Age etc) are already
in databases that can be correlated with the free text  -- do you have a use case for that
kind of annotator?

- James Masanz

From: Piyush Jain [mailto:pjain2012@fau.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:25 AM
To: Masanz, James J.; dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: New Demographic information extractor

Hi James,
I am trying to add a new demographic annotator to existing cTAKES package. This annotator
will extract all the demographic information like Age, Sex, Marital Status, Social History
etc.
Could you please suggest on how shall I start preparing this annotator? I am planning to add
that Annotator to current cTAKES version, once everything is ready and tested.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards,
Piyush