ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:25:58 GMT
On 26 Jun2013, at 10:51 , "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
> I will hold off the build.

Ok, I think relation-extractor should be good to go now.

Steve

> I looked again at CTAKES-190, and after doing a search on the code in trunk for "MedicationEventMention"
I still see places outside of relation extractor where it is being used (instead of the newer
MedicationMention).

> I'll update those places, probably tomorrow.
>
> Also, Steve, when you get a chance, if you could look at what I wrote in CTAKES-190 on
May 06, and handle or let me know what pieces still need to be looked at in the relation extractor,
that would be great.

> I'll post again when I have a next target date for a build. Meanwhile anyone else who
has input related to the timing of the build, please don't hesitate to post.

> -- James

On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
> Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:35 AM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>
> On 26 Jun2013, at 8:35 , "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
>> I had originally suggested today, June 26, as the start of the cTAKES 3.1 build.
>>
>> Now I am thinking of doing a build (my first) tomorrow, June 27.
>> Hopefully that will turn into RC1 of Apache cTAKES 3.1
>>
>> Q1) Any reasons not to do that (any reason to delay a bit)?
>
> As far as I know, we still have not yet updated the relation extractor since the CTAKES-190
changes to the dictionary lookup [1]. I will try to make some time for that this week, but
I have several other commitments, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to complete it.

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190
>
> Steve
>
>> I will follow [1] and update that page if anything has changed
>>
>> I plan to create a branch in SVN and build from the branch. As [1] states, as release
manager I will be responsible for getting any fixes into the branch (or perhaps just create
a new branch depending on activity), so you can continue to just work from trunk.

>> A new version of the Wiki pages for the user and developer guides needs to be created
>> Q2) Is there a faster way to duplicate a set of Wiki pages than copying them one
by one?

>> [1] http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html
>>

>> -- James

On Behalf Of Tim Miller
>> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:27 PM
>> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>>
>> Yes I think it can be done by then. But even if not, my understanding is
>> that the version turned on by default is not cleartk-based and the
>> cleartk one is still under development.
>> Tim
>>
>> On 05/31/2013 03:25 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
>>> I'll be release manager for 3.1 (unless someone else is anxious to be and just
hasn't seen this thread yet)

>>> I'd suggest we target Wed June 26 to have an RC built.
>>>
>>> Steve, would that seem reasonable for the relation extractor changes due to [1],
plus those that would be needed if we upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0.

>>> Anyone know enough about assertion code to make an educated guess of whether
the "upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0" could be done by then too?

On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
>>> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:18 PM
>>> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
>>>
>>> As a result of the CTAKES-190 changes to the dictionary lookup [1], the relation
extractor needs some refactoring and retraining. Probably we won't have a chance to get to
that until after NAACL (June 9-15). So it would be best for us to target the 3.1 release towards
the end of June.

>>> Steve
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190

(RM) for the next release.  Hint hint *James? ;)