ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Coarr, Matt" <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject supported java releases in current ctakes development and future releases (3.1 and later)
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 18:06:21 GMT
I know there was a small discussion about documentation back in February about including supported
platforms in the developer guide and faq.  And I know that the ctakes 3.0 dev guide says that
ctakes 3.0 requires java 6+.

For new development (trunk and new ctakes releases), what's the status of supported java platforms?

Java 6 hit its "end of public updates" this past February, so there will be no more security
patches.

Can java 7 features be used in new development?

Thanks,
Matt