ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: converting annotators to uimafit
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 06:59:47 GMT
> uimaFIT is currently being integrated into UIMA as an add-on and it looks like it's currently
in their sandbox.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/uimafit

Pong. I cannot give you an exact date, but I'd say end of Spring/mid summer. Trying to wrap
up loose ends here and there. I currently do not have any more big changes that need to be
done before the next release (unless something crops up as being very important while wrapping
up the ends). More detailed information is available in the Apache Jira.

> It may be a good idea to ping dev@uima to see when they plan to release uimaFIT with
UIMA (to avoid another namespace change from our current uimaFIT dependency).

uimaFIT 2.0.0 comes with a legacy support module so that uimaFIT 1.x meta-data, annotations,
and components are understood by uimaFIT 2.0.0, even if they are in another package and even
though some annotations have different default values.

Some info is also here: https://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/migration-guide-1x-to-2x.html

> However, we should double check it supports all of the different object types for parameters
(Lists, etc.)

Lists are supported, Arrays, Sets (afaik basically all kinds of Collections), but not Maps.
You can even do somethings like

@ConfigurationParameter(name = "files5", defaultValue = { "test/data/file", "test/data/file2"
})
private File[] files5;

Not all types of objects can be coerced into a UIMA component. All with a String-only constructor
good, Class works and the one has to look what other PropertyEditor implementation Spring
brings in.

-- Richard