ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:25:32 GMT
I'll be release manager for 3.1 (unless someone else is anxious to be and just hasn't seen
this thread yet)

I'd suggest we target Wed June 26 to have an RC built.

Steve, would that seem reasonable for the relation extractor changes due to [1], plus those
that would be needed if we upgrade ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0.

Anyone know enough about assertion code to make an educated guess of whether the "upgrade
ClearTK dependency to 1.4.0" could be done by then too?

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1652-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1652-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:18 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Next cTAKES release (3.1)?

As a result of the CTAKES-190 changes to the dictionary lookup [1], the relation extractor
needs some refactoring and retraining. Probably we won't have a chance to get to that until
after NAACL (June 9-15). So it would be best for us to target the 3.1 release towards the
end of June.

Steve

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-190

On May 31, 2013, at 1:01 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES/fixforversion/12323276#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel
> 25/58 are either closed/resolved; there were a decent number of simple patch fixes I
think.

> To spread the knowledge, perhaps another committer could be the release manager (RM)
for the next release.  Hint hint *James? ;)