ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: [ohnlp:bugs] #103 replacing opennlp 1.4 dependency with 1.5 (and adding Maven support)
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 02:07:31 GMT

I had already forwarded the bug report #103 to the folks at IBM who contributed MedKAT/p,
and they said they are looking at it.

It uses a separate type system from cTAKES. There is at least one other thing on ohnlp, with
others that might go there. I think ohnlp things are distinct now from Apache cTAKES.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1644-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1644-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chen, Pei
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:08 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: FW: [ohnlp:bugs] #103 replacing opennlp 1.4 dependency with 1.5 (and adding Maven
support)

Hi Dev,
We received a request from a contributor with updates to MedKat/P.
Recall that MedKat/p (I believe It was originally built in collaboration with IBM to extract
cancer attributes and also uses UIMA) but was a completely different project than cTAKES;
it just so happens to be in the ohnlp area on SourceForge historically.

-          Does anyone recall who is currently maintaining that codebase?

-          What is the appetite from the group to move it into cTAKES/sandbox so at least
it could still be maintained via the Apache way?
--Pei

Begin forwarded message: