ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: supported java releases in current ctakes development and future releases (3.1 and later)
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 19:26:39 GMT
+1 for java 7 for trunk and the next release (presumably 3.1)

-- James

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1624-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1624-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Coarr, Matt
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:06 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: supported java releases in current ctakes development and future releases (3.1 and
later)

I know there was a small discussion about documentation back in February about including supported
platforms in the developer guide and faq.  And I know that the ctakes 3.0 dev guide says that
ctakes 3.0 requires java 6+.

For new development (trunk and new ctakes releases), what's the status of supported java platforms?

Java 6 hit its "end of public updates" this past February, so there will be no more security
patches.

Can java 7 features be used in new development?

Thanks,
Matt