ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES - Context Annotation
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 10:02:25 GMT
I was thinking something like this:

public void process(JCas jcas) throws AnalysisEngineProcessException {
 for (Sentence sentence : JCasUtil.select(jcas, Sentence.class)) {
  int sentenceBegin = sentence.getBegin();
  int fromIndex = 0;
  String s = sentence.getCoveredText();
  while (fromIndex < s.length()) {
    LookupWindowAnnotation lwa = new LookupWindowAnnotation(jcas);
    lwa.setBegin(sentenceBegin + fromIndex);
    int commaPosition = s.indexOf(COMMA, fromIndex);
    if (commaPosition > 0) {
       lwa.setEnd(sentenceBegin+commaPosition+1); // include the comma
    } else {
       lwa.setEnd(sentence.getEnd());
    }
    lwa.addToIndexes(jcas);