ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject FW: [ohnlp:bugs] #103 replacing opennlp 1.4 dependency with 1.5 (and adding Maven support)
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 22:08:15 GMT
Hi Dev,
We received a request from a contributor with updates to MedKat/P.
Recall that MedKat/p (I believe It was originally built in collaboration with IBM to extract
cancer attributes and also uses UIMA) but was a completely different project than cTAKES;
it just so happens to be in the ohnlp area on SourceForge historically.

-          Does anyone recall who is currently maintaining that codebase?

-          What is the appetite from the group to move it into cTAKES/sandbox so at least
it could still be maintained via the Apache way?
--Pei

Begin forwarded message:
From: Andy <admackin@users.sf.net<mailto:admackin@users.sf.net>>
Date: May 29, 2013, 3:39:47 AM EDT
To: Ticket 103 <103@bugs.ohnlp.p.re.sf.net>
Subject: [ohnlp:bugs] #103 replacing opennlp 1.4 dependency with 1.5 (and adding Maven support)

[bugs:#103]<http://sourceforge.net/p/ohnlp/bugs/103/> replacing opennlp 1.4 dependency
with 1.5 (and adding Maven support)

Created: Wed May 29, 2013 07:39 AM UTC by Andy
Last Updated: Wed May 29, 2013 07:39 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

I've been running MedKAT/p successfully for a while now with a forked version of the code.
The changes I've made are:
- Making it compatible with OpenNLP 1.5 (as noted in another bug, 1.4 is pretty much impossible
to find)
- Adding support for Maven, removing the need to manually download dependencies
- a couple of other minor bug fixes.

Would you be interested in getting a copy of these changes and making the publically available
here?