ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject cTAKES Sectionizer normalized to HL7/CCDA standards
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:34:39 GMT
Tim an Co:
Regarding CTAKES-174 - use sections for coreference resolution.
I think sections should be normalized to a standard code (HL7 section template id, LOINC,
etc.); otherwise the trained models won't be portable to different section header names.
I spent a few hours last night on the mappings and simple code is in the sandbox area for
a RegEx cTAKES Sectionizer[1] and a User configurable mapping file [2] that contains the HL7
section template id's and their names.
[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-sectionizer/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-sectionizer/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/core/sections/ccda_sections.txt

If it works, I think we should replace the current core/sectionizer...
[The RegEx still needs a bit of work to identify the sections, but I hope that can be fixed.]
--Pei