ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Aren't the *-res dependencies backwards?
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 19:03:39 GMT
I finally got a chance to look into this again, but noticed 2 things:
1) The various TypeSystem.xml files doesn't/shouldn't need to be in the resource/models projects.
 I think that was an oversight on my part last time.
2) I noticed that some of the projects have drivers or main classes which I assume a lot of
folks are able to and plan to run pipelines directly from individual projects.  If this is
true, then I think it is actually easier to leave it as is and default to have the corresponding
-res dependency in the pom.xml.  Since it's maven controlled now, an external app can always
add  <exclude ctakes-drug-ner-res/>.  This is just based on observation--  otherwise,
each project will need to think about *-res during runtime if it's not in the pom.xml.

Updated in r.1480409