ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: training-data.libsvm Vs model.libsvm (RelationExtractor)
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 13:44:12 GMT
On May 20, 2013, at 9:34 PM, giri vara prasad nambari <girinambari@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the link where I found these files:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-relation-extractor/resources/models/modifier_extractor/

I see. You're not working from the current repository, you're working from 3.0.0-incubating.
Those files were erroneously included in that release.

> "The training-data.libsvm file will not be generated during classification.
> It's only generated during training", I understood this part.
>
> "LIBSVM-formatted features and labels" this part is I am not clear, how
> these are generated from training data?

They're generated from the features created by the RelationFeaturesExtractors I pointed you
to in RelationExtractorAnnotator. The conversion from Feature objects to LIBSVM-formatted
feature strings is performed by ClearTK, specifically by the LIBSVMStringOutcomeDataWriter.
(You can see that the models are trained with that data writer class in RelationExtractorTrain.)

> Is it based on SVM algorithm?

The LIBSVM-format for providing features and labels is defined by LIBSVM (http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm/).

Steve