ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: training-data.libsvm Vs model.libsvm (RelationExtractor)
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 21:54:01 GMT
On May 17, 2013, at 2:29 PM, giri vara prasad nambari <girinambari@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone please clarify the difference between training-data.libsvm and
> model.libsvm in ctakes-relation-extractor module?

Where are you seeing these? Neither should be in the repository.

That said, training-data.libsvm is the LIBSVM-formatted features and labels, and model.libsvm
is the LIBSVM model file.

> If so,
> could someone provide any references/sample on how this file will be
> generated for a sample annotated sentence?

The training-data.libsvm file will not be generated during classification. It's only generated
during training. If you want to see what features are generated during classification, take
a look at RelationExtractorAnnotator, which defines a List<RelationFeaturesExtractor>
getFeatureExtractors(), which defines the various feature extractors used by the relation
extractors.

Not sure if I answered your question. Please feel free to follow up.

Steve