ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject export runnable jar issue
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:23:27 GMT
I've found it useful to "export runnable jar" to create a single file
that can be run with 'java -jar' on a server/cluster for a given run
configuration. There is an issue that may be an eclipse bug but also may
be a ctakes issue.

The issue is that files under src/main/java source folders export
exactly as expected, while files under src/main/resources folders export
with the "resources" folder prepended. So you will get the following
classpaths in the jar:

org/apache/ctakes/someproject/SomeCode.class
resources/org/apache/ctakes/someproject/some_model.bin

This obviously screws up important classpaths at runtime. I can
workaround it, but does anyone have a sense of whether this issue is:
1) Clearly an eclipse issue with nothing we can do except try to notify
someone
2) An eclipse issue but there is something we're doing wrong (like a
convention for resources we're not following that would fix this)
3) Clearly a ctakes issue

Tim