ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: UIMAFit and cTakes
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 00:53:32 GMT
Hi Giri,
If possible,
I would suggest using maven to handle your dependencies. Feel free to clone one of the existing
projects such as ctakes-regression-test if you like.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2013, at 5:34 PM, "giri vara prasad nambari" <girinambari@gmail.com<mailto:girinambari@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi Community,

I am trying to write a simple java client program using UIMAFit and ctakes.

I have added all jars come with UIMAFit and ctakes specific jars from ctakes lib to my eclipse
project --->Java build path--->libraries.

Sample code I have is (This is compiling fine, but runtime issue due to path is not valid
for AnalysisEngineDescription):
TypeSystemDescription typeSystemDescription = TypeSystemDescriptionFactory
.createTypeSystemDescription();
List<AnalysisEngineDescription> engines = new ArrayList<AnalysisEngineDescription>();
List<String> componentNames = new ArrayList<String>();

AnalysisEngineDescription engine = AnalysisEngineFactory
.createAnalysisEngineDescription("com.resources.AggregatePlaintextProcessor", "", "");
engines.add(engine);
AnalysisEngine aggregateAE = AnalysisEngineFactory.createAggregate(
engines, componentNames, typeSystemDescription, null,
new SofaMapping[0]);

One thing I am little confused here is,

1) Do I need to add ctakes resources some where in my eclipse project? If so, how? Attached
screenshot of the jars I have in build path.

2) What should be descPath in following code ( I figured that this should be path for whatever
the AE (like ctakes-clinical-pipeline) we would like to use, but I am not clear on how could
I get this desc into my project.

AnalysisEngineDescription engine = AnalysisEngineFactory
.createAnalysisEngineDescription("descPath", "", "");

any inputs would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help.

Thank you,
Giri