ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: right way to create new component (project)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:25:10 GMT
Hi James,

I create child-module projects by opening the POM of the parent (e.g. trunk/pom.xml) in the
Eclipse POM Editor and the use "Module -> Create" to create the child. Eclipse creates
this as a sub-folder of the parent module project and the child also shows up as a separate
project in Eclipse. You can commit the sub-folder in the parent project. To get Eclipse to
recognize the SVN connection properly, you may have to close/remove/reimport the child project.
When you are ready, you eventually commit the pom of the parent module. There may be other
approaches.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 23.04.2013 um 21:17 schrieb "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu>:

> For an eclipse user who already has cTAKES checked out from SVN (trunk), what is the
'right' set of steps to create a new component (subproject) in their workspace without interfering
with anyone else

> For example, I created ctakes-template-filler as a new project within my workspace, and
checked it in under trunk, but on my filesystem, it is a sibling of the main ctakes directory
rather than a subdirectory of the main ctakes directory.

> I know I need to update the main POM in trunk at some time but I want try to avoid affecting
anyone else until I know the right steps