ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Coarr, Matt" <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: UMLS AE via proxy
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 20:42:05 GMT
Hi Todd,

I have to use a proxy in my environment and I do use http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort.  But
I'm use the develop setup (code from svn, run from eclipse).

For the binary release, you need to edit the script you are using to start uima -- runctakesCVD.sh
or runctakesCPE.sh

Add the following to the line at the end that calls java (make sure you add it before the
class name; to be safe, just add it right after "java")

-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhost.mycompany.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=my_http_proxy_port -Dhttps.proxyHost=proxyhost.mycompany.com
-Dhttps.proxyPort=my_https_proxy_port -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost|*.mycompany.com -Dhttps.nonProxyHosts=localhost|*.mycompany.com

For reference, this is what I do for setting this up in eclipse:

  *   open the run configurations (Run menu -> Run Configuration)
  *   select "UIMA_CVD--clinical_document_pipeline"
  *   go to the arguments tab, add the following to the "VM Arguments" section:
     *   -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhost.mycompany.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=my_http_proxy_port -Dhttps.proxyHost=proxyhost.mycompany.com
-Dhttps.proxyPort=my_https_proxy_port -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost|*.mycompany.com -Dhttps.nonProxyHosts=localhost|*.mycompany.com

Hope this helps!
Matt