ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bleeker.T...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Apache cTAKES javadocs
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:37:24 GMT
Cool! The Javadocs should be tied to a release so any developer could look up the Javadocs
that goes with what they have installed. Given that you could have a URL that points to a
certain release, then I think we should add it to:

- As a bullet here: http://ctakes.apache.org/developerguide.html
- In the documentation box for 3.0 archive here: http://ctakes.apache.org/roadmap.html
- The developer doc could use an optional section on incorporating the Javadoc into an Eclipse
environment: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+Developer+Install+Guide

Thanks
Troy
-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-1469-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-1469-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chen, Pei
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 3:16 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Apache cTAKES javadocs

In the spirit of making it easier for new developers, as Tim pointed out earlier, I think
it would be useful to point users to more info on exactly what they can get out of cTAKES(API).
Even though most of the driving Annotators are just .process(jCas), I think it will useful
to also reference them to mainly the org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.* (essentially, what they
can extract out of cTAKES programmatically after the pipeline has been completed.)

Preview at staging area:
http://ctakes.staging.apache.org/apidocs/trunk/
[I generated it based off the latest head revision]

Any preference as to where to put this link on the homepage (Troy? :))?

--Pei