ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES - Context Annotation
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:14:45 GMT
In addition to "MaxLeftScopeSize" and "MaxRightScopeSize", the context annotations created
by ctakes-ne-contexts use the parameter called WindowAnnotationClass to control the boudaries.
  By default, when the context annotator collects the context annotations for a named entity,
it will not look beyond the boundaries of the sentence that the named entity is found in,
because within NegationAnnotator.xml and within StatusAnnotator.xml, WindowAnnotationClass
is set to be Sentence (org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Sentence)

If you want a narrower range (to not cross commas) then I suggest you create new annotations
whose boundaries are determined by the start and end of sentences and by occurrences of commas,
and use the name of that new annotation as the WindowAnnotationClass.

-- James