ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: cTAKES Dependency Parser / SRL updates
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:40:49 GMT
On Apr 5, 2013, at 9:26 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I am planning to update the existing ctakes-dependency-parser ClearParser (which is no
longer supported) implementation with Jinho's new ClearNLP parser and SRL. The models have
been retrained with more data (MiPaq and SHARP) and much improved (1/4 memory footprint and
faster).  Note that the current default pipeline actually has the SRL component commented
out.

> I am planning to replace the existing code in trunk.  Please let me know if you have
any objections or if you need the existing dependency parser code for some reason.  Otherwise,
I would like to avoid supporting a dependency on a lib that is no longer supported with the
same functionality.

+1 for getting rid of the unsupported ClearParser and replacing it with the actively developed
ClearNLP.

Thanks for working on this!

Steve