ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: ClearNLP POSTagger
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 08:17:32 GMT
Am 09.04.2013 um 03:29 schrieb "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu>:

> Hi Richard,
> It is so useful that someone is maintaining these as Maven artifacts.  Do you have the
artifact names/ids to the corresponding models?  I'm thinking to reuse those from Maven central
if they already exists.

I know of some models that are hosted on Maven Central:

- Provided by Stanford for the Stanford tools

	groupId: 	edu.stanford.nlp
	artifactIds:	stanford-parser (classifier: models)
			stanford-corenlp (classifier: models)

- Provided by Washington (for ClearNLP, Stanford tools)

	groupId:	edu.washington.cs.knowitall.*
	artifactIds:	*-models

So far, I don't find these very useful due to packaging mistakes
and incompleteness. That is why we still host our own public model
repository at:

  https://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-model-releases-local

We hesitate pushing the models from there to Maven Central, because
the licensing of the models is quite unclear, even for those that
ship with tools that have a clear license, such as the Stanford tools.

We consider pushing proxy-artifacts to Maven central which can be
used as dependencies and which declare a reference to our public
repository and to the model artifact hosted there. The packaging
of the models is currently being revised and the new versions
will soon be pushed first to our public repository for testing, and
later to Maven Central. Some test staging of the new packaging
can at times be found here

  https://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-ukp-staging-local

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de