ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: uima parameters vs. resources (ctakes-dependency-parser)
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:33:21 GMT
On Mar 4, 2013, at 1:28 PM, "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:
> The question of when to use uima descriptor parameters vs resources has come up offline
recently.  My understanding is that resources are valuable for things like large model files,
where it can be loaded once by UIMA and then shared between pipelines. I happened to notice
that in the dependency parser, which has an uncommonly large model file, the model filename
is a parameter, and from what I can tell the model will be loaded separately for each pipeline.
 Is this something that should be fixed or is there some reasoning against using the resource
mechanism in this instance or in general?

It's definitely something that should be fixed.

Steve