ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: relation-extractor - how to include it as a dependency?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:11:44 GMT
Hi Vinod,
I think that looks like a bug.  Feel free to open a Jira.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:46 AM, "Kaggal, Vinod C." <Kaggal.Vinod@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Quick Background: We have been working on integrating CTAKES with DataNormalization pipeline
(as part of SHARPN effort). I have added relation-extractor as a dependency to our Normalization
project as the template-filling module/project uses it.

> Question: What is the is a recommended way of adding the relation-extraction's resource
directory to a project that uses this project? Just adding the project (relation-extractor)
to the build-path (projects) results in the following error:

> Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
>          at org.cleartk.classifier.CleartkAnnotator.initialize(CleartkAnnotator.java:115)
>          at org.chboston.cnlp.ctakes.relationextractor.ae.RelationExtractorAnnotator.initialize(RelationExtractorAnnotator.java:121)
>          at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:250)
>          ... 71 more
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: resources/models/em_pair/model.jar (No such
file or directory)
>          at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>          at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:120)
>          at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:79)
>          at org.cleartk.classifier.jar.GenericJarClassifierFactory.createClassifier(GenericJarClassifierFactory.java:67)
>          at org.cleartk.classifier.jar.JarClassifierFactory.createClassifier(JarClassifierFactory.java:35)
>          at org.cleartk.classifier.CleartkAnnotator.initialize(CleartkAnnotator.java:113)
>

> Looks like copying the resources directory to the target project (Normalization project
in this case) seems to take care of this issue. However, I wanted to see a cleaner way of
doing this instead of duplicating the jar (and other resources).