ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject where do relation-extractor models go?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:16:57 GMT
On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:38 PM, Steven Bethard <Steven.Bethard@Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> Yeah, I never saw a conclusion to the discussion of where the relation-extractor models
should go. My last impression was that they can't be in the Apache SVN at all, and they need
to be in the Sourceforge ctakesresources project. Is that right?

> If that's the case, we need to update RelationExtractorTrain to deploy the models to
that project rather than src/main/resources (where it currently deploys them), and delete
all the models in the cTAKES SVN.

> And then where would the descriptors go? In the Sourceforge project? Or in the cTAKES
SVN? Seems weird to have them in the cTAKES SVN if they can't refer to their models.

> And if we move the descriptors to Sourceforge, I guess that also means moving the tests
to Sourceforge?

One added complexity is that if models and tests are moved to Sourceforge, then the Sourceforge
models project needs to depend on the right version of cTAKES (since most tests will need
ctakes-type-system at least). I guess that means that all the dependencies in the Sourceforge
project would be -SNAPSHOT dependencies to cTAKES and the Sourceforge project would be released
in lock-step with the cTAKES releases?

Steve