ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: adding the relation extractor aggregate to the regression test
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:47:33 GMT
On Mar 15, 2013, at 9:26 PM, "Pei Chen (JIRA)" <jira@apache.org> wrote:
> If you have spare time, do you want to also try adding the relation extractor aggregate
to the regression test?  And having this (pipeline as well as the xml desc configuration)
automatically tested in the future?
> It should be as simple as adding a CPE to the directory.
>
> /ctakes-regression-test/desc/collection_processing_engine/
> Take a look at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-regression-test/desc/collection_processing_engine/CoreferenceCPETest.xml
> For example:
> 1)	Just clone and point to the CPE to ../../../ctakes-relation-extractor/desc/analysis_engine/RelationExtractorAggregate.xml
instead .
> 2)	Run mvn test once (it should probably fail because there is nothing to compare with,
but just collect the generated results).
> 3)	Copy the results from generatedoutput/{NameofCPEFilename}/ into expectedoutput/{NameofCPEFilename}
> 4)	Check the expectedoutput into SVN.
> 5)	Now Every time mvn test is run, that CPE will executed and results compared automatically.

First, a general comment about the regression test, and then some details about where I'm
currently stuck.

(1) Is it really a good idea to be asserting that the XML files generated by cTAKES components
should always be identical? Particularly if the current components make some mistakes, shouldn't
we only be asserting the things that they get right? Something more along the lines of org.apache.ctakes.relationextractor.ae.RelationExtractorAnnotatorsTest,
where we have individual assertions for each thing the relation extractor should have found?

(2) In trying to add the CPETest, I got stuck trying to get ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml
to work. (This descriptor is referenced by ctakes-relation-extractor/desc/analysis_engine/RelationExtractorPreprocessor.xml.)
Here's the error I'm getting:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of CAS Processor
with name "RelationExtractorCPETest" failed.
	at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.initialize(CollectionProcessingEngine_impl.java:83)
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceConfigurationException: Initialization of CAS
Processor with name "RelationExtractorCPETest" failed.
	at org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.CPEFactory.produceIntegratedCasProcessor(CPEFactory.java:1104)
	…
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.load(LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.java:80)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/rxnorm_index
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.FileLocator.locateExplicitly(FileLocator.java:69)
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.FileLocator.locateFile(FileLocator.java:44)
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.load(LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.java:58)
	... 53 more

I assume this is because the UMLS indexes aren't in SVN anymore. What's the proper way to
reference these now, and should DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml be updated appropriately?

Thanks,

Steve