ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Kaggal, Vinod C." <Kaggal.Vi...@mayo.edu>
Subject relation-extractor - how to include it as a dependency?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:45:32 GMT
Hello!

Quick Background: We have been working on integrating CTAKES with DataNormalization pipeline
(as part of SHARPN effort). I have added relation-extractor as a dependency to our Normalization
project as the template-filling module/project uses it.

Question: What is the is a recommended way of adding the relation-extraction's resource directory
to a project that uses this project? Just adding the project (relation-extractor) to the build-path
(projects) results in the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
          at org.cleartk.classifier.CleartkAnnotator.initialize(CleartkAnnotator.java:115)
          at org.chboston.cnlp.ctakes.relationextractor.ae.RelationExtractorAnnotator.initialize(RelationExtractorAnnotator.java:121)
          at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:250)
          ... 71 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: resources/models/em_pair/model.jar (No such file
or directory)
          at org.cleartk.classifier.jar.GenericJarClassifierFactory.createClassifier(GenericJarClassifierFactory.java:67)
          at org.cleartk.classifier.jar.JarClassifierFactory.createClassifier(JarClassifierFactory.java:35)
          at org.cleartk.classifier.CleartkAnnotator.initialize(CleartkAnnotator.java:113)

Looks like copying the resources directory to the target project (Normalization project in
this case) seems to take care of this issue. However, I wanted to see a cleaner way of doing
this instead of duplicating the jar (and other resources).

Vinod